Thursday, February 2, 2012

Appointments #2 and #3

Well, this week I had my consult with Dr. Tim and Dr. Dan. I actually had to go to Dr. Dan's office twice this week. When I called to book my consultation, they assumed I was "choosing" their team, so I met with the program's Nurse Practicioner and Nutritionist before I even got to speak to Dr. Dan. That kind of annoyed me. I felt like they were rushing through the process to get to the next appointment, but that could have just been my insecurity and nervousness projecting onto them.

Anyway, so after what feels like a full week of constant driving around to appointments, I'm going with Dr. Tim... I really felt at home in his office, and not a faceless surgery. I'm actually really excited to have this team on my side. I've starting using the Lose-It! app for iPhone, tracking everything I eat and drink. The app even has a barcode scanner function, so I find myself buying or eating things that I can scan, just for my own amusement. LOL! It's incredible to see that I'm actually eating far less calories per day than I thought, and even FAR more less than I actually should. I guess that is one of my big problems. Not eating enough, not eating enough of the right stuff, and of course, sitting on my @$$ at work for 9-10 hours, then going home and being too tired to do anything other than -- again -- sit on my @$$ until it's time for bed.

Yesterday, however, I used all my extra calories for alcohol. I had three White Russians, 2 Miller Lights, and 4 fluid oz of Jim Beam. I don't usually drink that much, but I had to put my dog of 15 years down, and wanted to drink away my sorrows. It definitely worked. One thing that scared me this morning was my husband -- a 6'4" guy whose is only overweight in his belly -- had a killer hangover and I didn't. I've finally surpassed my husband in weight, and was able to handle my liquor better because I have more fat to absorb it. That's really terrifying. I'm so glad I've entered the WLS program, and can get my life back in order... get my life BACK really.

2 comments:

pollyhyper said...

This is the first time in my life that I have weighed the same/less than J or any other past guy in my life. I know that feeling well.

I'm going to have to check out that app - I love barcode readers! /dorkfit

Slim Smitty said...

the app rocks!

congrats about weight the same/less as J! that's awesome!!!

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.